When you come to McKinney Municipal Court, you will need to go through a security screening that will include any or all of the following:
- Baby carriers and strollers checked by a hand-held metal detector
- Briefcases, handbags or packages x-rayed
- Cell phones and pagers inspected
- Walk through or be scanned by a hand-held metal detector
Pursuant to section 46.03(a)(3) of the Penal Code, it is unlawful to carry a firearm, illegal knife, club, explosive weapon, pepper spray or other prohibited weapon listed in Section 46.05(a) of the Penal Code, on the premises of any government court or offices utilized by the court, unless pursuant to written regulations or written authorization of the court. A violation of this law is punishable as a third-degree felony.
Weapons of any kind are strictly prohibited including those listed below:
- Guns, ammunition and explosive materials
- Box cutters, utility blades or razor blades
- Knives of any sort including pocket knives
- Mace or pepper spray
- Any other item that security officers believe would compromise the security and safety of the building
For the safety of your child, please do not let your child sit on the customer service counters or pull or swing on the queue line ropes.
We appreciate your cooperation in helping us keep all individuals safe while in the McKinney Municipal Court.