McKinney National Airport Safety & Security
McKinney National Airport has developed security procedures to manage access to the Air Operations Area (AOA) and certain restricted areas on the airport, balance the operational needs of airport stakeholders and reduce the potential impact of known threats to general aviation.
Report suspicious activities to authorities through Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association's (AOPA’s) Watch Program, a 24-hour telephone hotline answered by federal authorities (866/GA-SECURE or 866/427-3287).
If You See Something, Say Something!
A critical component of the airport's security program is pilots, airport tenants and the general public being vigilant while at the airport and reporting any suspicious activity. Please report any suspicious activity immediately to any of the following numbers:
- McKinney Airport Administration at 972-547-3401
- 866-GA-SECURE (866-427-3287)
- If it is an emergency please dial 911.
How You Can Help Keep Our Airport Secure
- If you see something, say something.
- Ensure that gates and doors are secured behind you.
- Be familiar with and practice airport security procedures.
- Use aircraft door locks at all times when the aircraft is unattended.
- Consider the use of auxiliary locks to further protect aircraft from unauthorized use.
- Consistently lock hangar doors to prevent unauthorized access or tampering.
- Properly secure ignition keys separate from aircraft.
Closed Circuit Television
Each vehicle gate and other locations on the airport have video cameras that record activity. Recorded video will not be shared with the public except when requested through freedom of information laws. Contact the City Secretary's Office at 972-547-7500 for more information.
The McKinney National Airport strives to provide a safe and secure environment for its employees, tenants and visitors. We do this through our security program and support from the McKinney Police Department that patrols the airport daily.
In an emergency, call 911, or for a non-emergency, you can reach the McKinney Police Department at 972-547-2700.