The McKinney Public Library strives to impact lives and build a sense of community. We understand the power of service and the impact working on a community project can have on the lives of those involved, especially our youth. We are excited to share our passion for service by providing an avenue for those opportunities.
- Credit for volunteer hours that may be reported to your needs at school
- Building a strong and resilient community
Registration required. Court appointed hours cannot be fulfilled with this program.
- John & Judy Gay Library: Thursdays in-person, must register for every hour, 4 - 8 p.m. Sunday is by appointment only. You may email: email@example.com to set up an appointment.
- Online Hours: Type three full paged letters to individuals in nursing facilities. Submit letters here.
- Other in-person volunteer opportunities for teens over the age of 15, please visit and register through Voly.
- Participate in community service projects
- Assist in teen and youth programs through preparation, set-up, implementation, and take-down
- Shelf-read books to make sure they are in order
- Pulling holds
- Other library duties as needed
- Must be a student in grades 6-12
- Professionalism while volunteering (e.g. no cell phones, shorts, flip flops, or tank tops)
- Court appointed hours may not be fulfilled with VolunTEENS at this time.