Alcohol and Gaming Permits

The City Secretary’s Office processes local Alcohol and Gaming applications and permits to allow alcohol sales within the City of McKinney, ensuring compliance with all local ordinances and regulations. For other city permits, go to the permits page

Alcohol Permit Processing

Any person wishing to manufacture, distill, brew, import, transport, store for purposes of sale, distribute or sell any beer, wine or mixed beverages must obtain obtained a city permit from the office of the City Secretary.

Temporary Alcohol Permit Process

New Alcohol Permit Process

Note: To obtain a city alcohol permit, the applicant must first obtain the appropriate state-level approval from the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC )

  • Complete and submit a Texas Alcohol Beverage Commission (TABC) Pre-Qualification Packet to the City Secretary’s Office. 
  • The City Secretary's office will certify the city-related portion and return the Pre-Qualification Packet to the applicant. The applicant is responsible for completion of any remaining requirements and submitting the packet to the TABC.
  • The TABC will issue a state-level permit to the applicant.
  • Complete and submit a City of McKinney Alcohol Beverage Permit Application and applicable city fees, along with a copy of the TABC license to the City Secretary’s Office.
  • Once the applicant returns all required documents to the City Secretary's Office, the city permit will be issued within 7 - 10 days.

Renewal of Alcohol Permits Process

For general information about the pre-qualification packet and state-level permits, contact the Local Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) Licensing Division

Arlington Regional Office
2225 E. Randol Mill Rd., Suite 200
Arlington, TX 76011

Ph: 817-652-5912
Open: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday - Friday

Gaming Permit Processing

This permit is intended for coin-operated gaming machines. The permit must be renewed before December 31 of each year.