- Your Government
- City Secretary
- Alcohol and Gaming Permits
Alcohol and Gaming Permits
The City Secretary’s Office processes local Alcohol and Gaming applications and permits to allow alcohol sales within the City of McKinney, ensuring compliance with all local ordinances and regulations. For other city permits, go to the permits page.
Alcohol Permit Processing
Any person wishing to manufacture, distill, brew, import, transport, store for purposes of sale, distribute or sell any beer, wine or mixed beverages must obtain obtained a city permit from the office of the City Secretary.
Temporary Alcohol Permit Process
- Complete and submit the appropriate TABC form(s).
- Complete and submit an Application for Temporary Alcohol, Catering or Winery Festival Permit.
New Alcohol Permit Process
Note: To obtain a city alcohol permit, the applicant must first obtain the appropriate state-level approval from the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC )
- Complete and submit a Texas Alcohol Beverage Commission (TABC) Pre-Qualification Packet to the City Secretary’s Office.
- The City Secretary's office will certify the city-related portion and return the Pre-Qualification Packet to the applicant. The applicant is responsible for completion of any remaining requirements and submitting the packet to the TABC.
- The TABC will issue a state-level permit to the applicant.
- Complete and submit a City of McKinney Alcohol Beverage Permit Application and applicable city fees, along with a copy of the TABC license to the City Secretary’s Office.
- Once the applicant returns all required documents to the City Secretary's Office, the city permit will be issued within 7 - 10 days.
Renewal of Alcohol Permits Process
- Complete and submit a City of McKinney Alcohol Beverage Permit Application along with applicable permit fees.
- Submit a copy of a current, unexpired TABC license. The city permit will be issued within 7 - 10 days.
For general information about the pre-qualification packet and state-level permits, contact the Local Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) Licensing Division
Arlington Regional Office
2225 E. Randol Mill Rd., Suite 200
Arlington, TX 76011
Open: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Gaming Permit Processing
This permit is intended for coin-operated gaming machines. The permit must be renewed before December 31 of each year.