Juried Art Show
Unique by Nature Juried Art Show Reception and Awards Presentation
’Unique by Nature’ Juried Art Competition and Exhibition is hosted by the McKinney Performing Arts Center (MPAC) with help from Arts and Music Guild volunteers.
We created the Juried Art Show and Exhibition to build a public and permanent art collection for MPAC. Artists from all over the state of Texas submit work for cash prizes and the chance to have their pieces hung in our historic halls.
ONE large-scale work will be awarded a $6,000 Purchase Prize and will become part of MPAC's permanent and public art collection. The large-scale work must be 36" on any dimension (not including the frame). No 3D work will be considered for the Purchase Prize.
Based on received applications, 10 large-scale pieces will be selected for the show.
Finalists' work will be judged by Lynn Rushton Reed, Public Art Collection and Conservation Manager, Office of Arts and Culture, City of Dallas, Texas.
Any additional sales will be handled by MPAC with a 25% commission to MPAC. These funds will be used to purchase additional work and to fund future competitions.
Notifications of jury decisions will be emailed by Wednesday, March 22, and artwork must be delivered to MPAC by Wednesday, March 29.
2023 CALENDAR - Event Modifications
- Friday, March 17 - Online entry submission deadline at 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 22 - Notification of Finalists for Purchase Prize
- Wednesday, March 29 - Deadline to deliver work
- Saturday, April 1 - Announce Winner
- April 1 to April 22 - Work displayed
- Sunday, April 23 - Retrieve work
Event Sponsored By
- McKinney Community Development Corporation
- McKinney Arts Commission
- Texas Commission on the Arts
Special Thanks To
- Don Day, DFA Limited