The McKinney National Airport will hold two public open houses in December to discuss the final phase of the Airport Master Plan that will consist of:
- The recommended Master Plan Concept for proposed development potential during the next 20+ years.
- A detailed capital improvement program associated with potential airport development.
- An environmental overview of the proposed development.
The airport’s master plan update aims to produce an efficient and environmentally conscious development plan to sustain healthy growth and service during the next 20 years.
The public is invited to attend the open houses Monday, Dec. 11 and Tuesday, Dec. 12, 5:30-7 p.m., in the Dulaney Room of the Roy and Helen Hall Memorial Library, 101 E. Hunt St.
A Technical Advisory Committee made up of airport tenants and users as well as a Planning Advisory Committee appointed by City Council are providing strategic input during the master plan update process. The final committee meetings will be:
- Technical Advisory Committee: 1-3 p.m., Monday, Dec. 11, City Council Chambers, 222 N. Tennessee St.
- Planning Advisory Committee: 9-11 a.m., Tuesday, Dec. 12, City Council Chambers, 222 N. Tennessee St.
These meetings will be aired on McKinney TV, the city’s broadcast television station.
McKinney TV is available to Spectrum subscribers on channel 16 and to AT&T U-Verse subscribers on channel 99. Additionally, all programming streams live and is available for archived on-demand viewing on the city website.
For additional information on McKinney National Airport contact Ken Wiegand at 972-562-4053, Matt Quick with Coffman Associates at (602) 993-6999.
McKinney, Texas, is unique by nature. As one of the fastest growing cities in America, McKinney has a current population of more than 168,000. The city was #1 on the list of Best Places to Live in America in 2014, published by Money Magazine. Established in 1848, the city is located 30 miles north of Dallas and is the county seat of Collin County. McKinney offers award-winning schools, a vibrant historic downtown, diverse housing options, a robust economy and a uniquely beautiful natural setting, with rolling hills and lush trees. View the City of McKinney website.